This is a recipe that I got from my big sister. She got it from her friend Charlotte. Thanks to both. :-)
- one onion, finely chopped
- two big cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- one green chili, seeds removed, finely chopped (or some dried chili, like piri piri)
- one carrot peeled and chopped
- one aubergine finely chopped
- one teaspoon of oil
- two teaspoons of water
- one teaspoon of ground cumin
- one teaspoon of curry powder
- two teaspoons of black or brown mustard seeds (ground)
- 200 g of split red lentils
- 450 ml of vegetable stock
- one courgette halved and sliced
- two big tomatoes, chopped
- two teaspoons of chopped fresh coriander leaves
Put the onion, garlic, chili, carrot, aubergine and courgette in a big pan. Stir in the water and oil. Heat until it starts to sizzle. Cook for 5 minutes until soft. Take the lid off and add the spices, cook for one minute. Then add the lentils and stock and the tomatoes. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid on. Serve with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Below is a picture of the finished dish, served on rice.
For comments, please send me an e-mail.
- Chickpea and vegetables stew
- Potato wedges from the oven
- Recipe for “hutspot” (Dutch carrot and onion stew)
- Rösti with vegetables