These are delicious, easy and fast to make. No need to cook the potatoes beforehand.
- Peel the potatoes and and cut them into wedges.
- Put the wedges in a container and pour some oil over them. Olive oil is nice. But any edible oil that can withstand oven temperatures will do. At this point you can also add spices if you like. The container should not be more than 3/4 full.
- Put a lid on the container, and shake it to coat all the wedges with a thin layer of oil.
- Put some baking paper on a baking tray and spread the wedges out over it.
- Put the baking tray in the middle of the oven, and set the temperature to 225 °C. Usually I don’t bother with pre-heating the oven.
- Let it bake until the potatoes are cooked and nicely browned. In my oven this takes around 25 minutes.
For comments, please send me an e-mail.
- Rösti with vegetables
- Chickpea and vegetables stew
- Recipe for “hutspot” (Dutch carrot and onion stew)