If this website looks different, it is probably because I switched to the pelican website generator to create it.
When I started my website, I edited the
html files by hand in emacs. I
kept that up for a long time, even after blogging software became available.
Relatively recently, I switched to using a markdown dialect called
multimarkdown, because typing
html became bothersome. This worked well,
but I wanted more, like tags, indexing, archiving et cetera. But preferably
without the overhead of a full-blown blogging engine and while keeping my data
available on my machine, in plain text.
In the course of discovering the python programming language, I came across a lot of different web frameworks. My experiments with plone are recorded in another article. It is very neat, but too big for what I’m after. Then I came across a list of static website generators. I looked at several, including ikiwiki and blogofile. But the one that caught my eye was pelican.
So I decided to convert my site to use pelican.
For comments, please send me an e-mail.